Nonprofits: does it sometimes seem as if there is a cloud of mystery keeping you from finding out what funders want?
All clouds lifted on May 11, 2018 at the Annual Central Texas Funders Forum presented by the Grant Professionals Association – Austin Chapter. Representatives from regional funders were there to answer questions, provide channels of communication and develop ways to work together.
The kinds of funders included: private, corporate, and community foundations. There were panel presentations and small group opportunities to ask questions one-on-one.
This year the themes and tips for nonprofits that kept coming up included:
- Think of funders as partners;
- Demonstrate there is a need that you will be able to solve together;
- Funders want transparent communication;
- Funders want to hear how their gifts and investments are touching the community;
- Evaluation of activities is they key to sustainability;
- Funders don’t want surprises.
It is conversations like these that help both service providers and funders support the community.
Image Credit: Erler