Nonprofit fundraisers know that donors feel good as they support a cause; but they also know it is important to say thank you as well.
Status February 2, 1pm:
Re: SB4 (here is an explanation of what it is and a link to the Senate hearing: About SB 4: Against Sanctuary Cities )
Action you can take:
- Citizens can go to the Capitol in Austin and register their position for or against the bill.
- You can choose “don’t testify” when you indicate your position. This means you don’t need to speak about it (if you don’t want to).
- The longer the list the stronger the impact.
- You can also observe the hearings in the Senate gallery.
Notes about registering:
- You can do this while the hearing is going on.
- The hearing is expected to go on until at least 9pm
- There are 4 computers set up in front of the Senate Chambers (the East portion of the main Capitol building – second floor)
- It takes only a minute or two to register your name and address and your position.
- You can register as representing your self (you don’t need to name your place of work for example).
This is a picture of a charming pair doing their civic duty: