Many of you know how much I enjoy spending time on Twitter. I want to share what I’ve learned with local nonprofits and help take the mystery out of Twitter. I’ll be teaching a class at Austin Community College’s Center for Nonprofit Studies on June 21st, 2018. Here is the link for tickets.
You can learn how your nonprofit organization can use Twitter to support your mission. We’ll cover the basics: following and followers; conversations and proclamations; hashtags and handles. Participants will not only learn how Twitter can support your outreach strategy, we’ll also connect attendees on twitter – taking your community to the next level. This class will take place in a computer lab, so please come ready to log in to your (or your organization’s) Twitter account for exercises.
I hope to see you on June 21st at noon!
- Get an overview of social media strategy and how Twitter fits in to a nonprofit’s social media strategy.
- Tweets: Who sees them? What is the best content? When should I tweet? Where is my content seen? Why should my nonprofit tweet?
- How do I use: #s, @s, lists, direct messages, notifications?
- How do I “create community” (and gain followers).
- Connecting with classmates on Twitter.
- Learning about conversations and proclamations: Who am I writing to? Who can see my tweets?
- Answering your questions about twitter.