On June 8th, 2018, The Texas Grants Resource Center’s Nonprofit Partner series featured Developing Donor Relationships with Family & Private Foundations, presented by Erica V. Ekwurzel, CFRE. Erica shared tips from her experience leading and supporting family and private grantmakers.
Here are some of the top take-aways from the TGRC session:
- When it comes to applying for grants – don’t do “mission drift.” Don’t lose sight of your mission by chasing grant funding that reflects the ideas of others;
- Review and proofread all applications;
- If you know one foundation…well, you know one foundation.
- Make sure that the application you send is purposeful and intentional;
- Have data to support your proposal.
For more information on presentations by the Texas Grants Resource Center, visit Texasgrc.org.