St. David’s Foundation is a Central Texas funder that generously supports innovative organizations solving problems related to bringing good health into reach.
On July 10, 2018, Elizabeth Krause, ScM, Senior Program Officer at St. David’s Foundation spoke to a group of nonprofit professionals at the Texas Grants Resource Center (a program of the University of Texas at Austin’s Community Engagement Center).
Elizabeth described the philanthropic work of the foundation and the grant-making process. The foundation’s work is around three focus areas (and subcategories within each area):
Providing Central Texans with the healthiest care in the world:
- Connection to Specialty Care
- Strong Safety Net
- Dental Health
- Health Care Workforce
- Insurance Enrollment & Use
Creating the healthiest places for Central Texans to live:
- Access to Healthy Food
- Housing Wrap-Around Services
- Opportunities to Be Active
- Rural Communities
Helping Central Texans be the healthiest people they can be:
- Aging in Place
- Childhood Adversity
- Teen Pregnancy Prevention
- Women’s Health
Some of the practical grant-seeking tips Elizabeth shared include:
- Contact Program Officers at St. David’s Foundation if you have an idea that aligns with a strategic priority;
- Communication with a Program Officer will help to determine if the possible project aligns and is eligible;
- The foundation encourages collaboration;
- The foundation has grant opportunities by invitation and they also extend periodic Requests for Proposals;
- One way to keep up-to-date with RFP and other opportunities is to follow the foundation on their social media accounts.
Be sure to visit the St. David’s Foundation site for more information on the grant process and the focus areas.